Examples of using presentation tools in the classroom (Week 1-task 5)
Think of how you could use one of these tools with your students.
I could use animoto with any of my English classes to reflect on the main ideas of any text we are studying.
- Choose pictures from Flickr creative commons and make up their own “reflection” collage in animoto.
- Add up music that reflects how they feel about the text.
- Write a short reflection statement on it. Other students can also comment on their presentation and give further insight to enrich it.
- Another possible idea is to create movie trails for texts as an alternative to imovie or windows movie maker (just using pictures/no video)
As a teacher, I could use Animoto to:
- Present lesson ideas/contents at the beginning of a unit.
- Summarize ideas at the end of a unit.
It would depend if I use this tool for a mere introduction or as a presentation tool which would mean students would have been studying a topic for 4 or more weeks before presenting their findings/learning using this tool.